Views

T-Shirt Hell

Photobucket

Opinion Outpost

The Official Website of National-Level Bodybuilder Gerri Davis

Gerri Davis Banner, NPC National Level Heavyweight and Masters Female Bodybuilder

Thursday, July 21, 2011

My First Criticism From a Wrestling "Star"

So, as I said before, I am currently a writer for CamelClutchBlog.com, handling both Impact and Smackdown! recaps, as well as the occasional DVD recap or other random column. It's a lot of fun, and the owner of the site, Eric, gives me a lot of freedom to write however I want. Last week, I did the recap for Impact as usual, not really thinking anything much about it. I gave compliments to a couple of people and ripped on the rest, like I always do. One person in that second group is current knockout Madison Rayne. I tend to rip on her in the recaps because, in all honesty, I don't like anything about her. That being said, I don't consider what I write about her all that vicious. Apparently, Madison Rayne disagrees with me, as she responded to my column last week via Twitter with the following tweet, seen in the pic below:
  

Yes, that's right. I got under her skin so badly she took the time to go to my Twitter account and call me a dickhead. Do you know what that means?

It means that, as a wrestling writer, I HAVE ARRIVED!

While some writers might be offended that someone insulted them, I am not one of them (being a wrestling writer, you need a thick skin anyway, as there are always people who will criticize you). Not only did this comment not bother me, I actually reveled in it. Why? Because this means my writing is not only getting out there to the people I watch on television, but that they are actually reading it and it is stirring up emotion in them. In this case, I hurt Rayne's feelings. Hey, I don't care what emotion I raise, as long as it's affecting people. 

Madison has not responded to me to since this tweet (maybe because I responded by calling her a "horse-faced cunt", but that's up for speculation). Considering that I made this the starting topic of this week's Impact recap, that could hopefully change within the next week. Now, you might be asking, if I don't care what people think about my writing, why I am so concerned with Madison Rayne writing back to me? That is a good question, but I do have an answer. The reason is because, the more she or anyone else responds to my writing, the more material I have to work with in regards to following columns. It's that simple-I piss these wrestlers off, I get to write about it next time. It works.

Anyway, if you'd like to check out the column that started all of this, you can find that one here, while this week's column where I initially discussed this whole thing can be found here

If anything else develops, rest assured, dear readers, I will share all of my enjoyment with you by bragging about it here as well as at Camel Clutch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment