Views

T-Shirt Hell

Photobucket

Opinion Outpost

The Official Website of National-Level Bodybuilder Gerri Davis

Gerri Davis Banner, NPC National Level Heavyweight and Masters Female Bodybuilder

Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Illustrated Man, Part 8: Knightquest

After getting the Joker done, I figured I needed to get the other half of the equation: Batman. I'm a big Batman fan, and it just seemed natural to have both the mortal enemies tattooed on me in some fashion. However, I didn't want to do the traditional emblem, as that's what everyone does. Instead, I chose the logo for the Azrael version of Batman. This took place during the Knightquest story arc, and since the role of Batman was being played by another person, another logo was made to go along with the story. One difference between the logo and this tattoo (on my left pec), was the original was pale yellow and black. To make it pop a little more, Dave at Tiki Tattoo (Lacey, WA)-the artist for this piece-used a brighter yellow and added orange to the border (Funny side story-this tattoo was paid for with a $100.00 bill I found on the floor in the electronics department at Wal-Mart, where I worked at the time). After nearly ten years, the black in the tattoo had faded quite a bit, and part of the orange had almost faded completely, so I had it touched up 2 days ago at my current shop. Touch-up work courtesy of Chase Martines at Brave New World Tattoo, Denver, CO.

No comments:

Post a Comment